CDROM-Guide forums  

PDA

View Full Version : CDROM's & CDG

Turbodiesel1973
Jan 23, 2002, 01:11 PM
Does anybody know of a standard CD-ROM (Not Re-writer) which will read CDG Data from Karaoke Disc's??. Does one exist??.

Thanx

Colbol
Jan 23, 2002, 04:46 PM
Plextor 32 X ( no longer manufactured but maybe available second hand ) will read with CDRWin or Discjuggler or Clone CD.
Plextor 40 X will not work with CDRWin however they will allow disc at once copying with the other two programmes.
Liteon DVD 16x will also allow disc at once copying with the other two.
The Plextor 32X will also allow you to play CDG tracks direct from the cd when used with WINCDG etc.

carsyd
Jan 25, 2002, 01:19 PM
If you visit goldenhawk site (cdrwin) one of their links lists all compatable cdrom drives for reading and writing cdg

Keymaster
Jan 25, 2002, 03:50 PM
There is an updated list from Goldenhawk in the FAQ, but Goldenhawk's list is by no means complete. My Sony DVD-ROM was capable of reading CD+G, but CDRWIN would not recognize it. I could use it with Plextor Manager for on the fly copies and it would play CD+G through WinCDG and PlayCDG. My new Liteon LTD 163 will copy CD+Gs on the fly (but CDRWIN also won't recognize it), but will not play them in a media player such as WinCDG or PlayCDG (go figure).