CDROM-Guide forums  

PDA

View Full Version : astarte says track is an iso9660 xa

bruttner
Jul 11, 2002, 12:56 PM
when i put i cd in and open it with astarte, at firs it says its a cdrom xa, but then it scans it and changes it to iso 9660 xa. should i burn it as an iso 9660 xa?

b

MacInAction
Jul 11, 2002, 02:45 PM
If your Mac is fast enough (any PowerMac should do fine), use the "Copy" option in Titanium. This is the easiest of the two methods you can use. It will always fail verification of a CD-R backup against the original PS disc. This is due to the region codes being different in the CD-Rs. If you make a copy of a backup on CD-R media, it should always be successfull once verification completes.

The only time a person should have to use Astarte is when the computer cannot make a direct copy without encountering buffer underruns. Then you'll have to image it with Astarte, and burn it with Toast. Imaging the disc first may require an older version of Toast. I just tried it with Titanium, and I couldn't get it to set up correctly with Astarte images.

L~

:beer:

holyniht
Jul 11, 2002, 07:25 PM
any iso image made with astarte should be able to be burn with toast. just open toast and choose disc image. Drag the iso over to the window. toast should automatically choose the right format. If a image is fine it should be able to mount onto ur desktop if u click the mount button in toast. if it doesn't mount the image is most likely corrupted.

MacInAction
Jul 11, 2002, 10:21 PM
I thought that it should work too, but it kept changing to "Audio" every time I dropped the Astarte images (nine total from the game I imaged) into the Toast Titanium window. Fortunately, the disc at once option works flawlessly.

L~

:beer:

bruttner
Jul 11, 2002, 11:36 PM
i got it to work by extracting the iso file with astarte and then using isofix...isofix allways saves me...unless the file is too big. thanks for the help guys.

b