CDROM-Guide forums  

PDA

View Full Version : Please Tell Me if this is a CD-ROM Problem(new to forum) [; ; win2KPro]

kaeyc
Aug 29, 2002, 11:38 AM
Hi guys, I'm new here. One of the reasons I joined was for some expert support on troubleshooting a big problem that I have. I probably will post quite frequently here.

My Computer:
-AMD Athlon XP 2000+ (1.7GHZ)
-Windows 2000 Pro
-Vintech 50x CD-ROM(Vin 50a) [I think Vintech shut down]
-8x/4x/32/ CD-RW(Broken I believe)
-2 seperate hard drives (both Maxtors at 5200rpm one is 80 GBs and one is 20)
-nVidia GeForce 4 MX 440 64 MB
-Soundblaster Live! Audio Card
-Gigabite GA-7VKML MOBO

Well here's my problem, I bought Madden 2003 a week ago and it's never worked and I've been trying hard to fix it ever since. After installing it and pressing PLAY on the auto-play menu screen, nothing seems to load and I just remain at my desktop. NOTHING happens. No flash screen or anything. Just end up looking at my desktop. I don't get any error messages.

I've called Tech Support and they believe it's a CD-Rom firmware problem. It might be but then again you never know. I can't figure out because Vintech's website keeps getting 502 errors. I think I'm going to goto a computer store and try out brand new CD-Roms to run the game on my computer. But before I drive all the way there with my computer, I want to make sure it's a CD-Rom problem so I call for your knowledge.

Is it a problem of my CD-Rom not being able read and get through the copywrite files on my Madden 2003 CD?? That would be my guess.

Please help.

deerballs
Aug 29, 2002, 12:26 PM
does any other cd work in that same cd-rom. If others work i believe i would trade the disk from wherever you purchased it, or wherever you got it.....

jasev
Aug 29, 2002, 12:36 PM
i doubt your cdrom drive is defective so i wouldn't get a new one yet.
windows 2000 as far as i know is no good for games,try the web site of the game manufacturer to see if there's a patch to run it in win2000.
if the game is a copy then test it on another machine to see if it works.
as for upgrading the firmware on your drive - don't do it as it invalidates any warranty.
windows 98,ME,XP are ok for running games on.
hope it helps.

jasev
Aug 29, 2002, 12:38 PM
i noticed you've got your cdwriter listed as broken,what are the problems your having with it.

kaeyc
Aug 29, 2002, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by jasev
i noticed you've got your cdwriter listed as broken,what are the problems your having with it.

Well, when I press the eject button, it doesn't come out. I manually took it out with a paper clip but it doesn't do anything to fix it. I've tried EJECT on My Computers.

You know what, a burner could probably run it because it would probably run over the copywrite protection thing.

kaeyc
Aug 29, 2002, 01:07 PM
Madden 2003 is compatible with Windows 2000(says so on the box).

I've took it back to the place I got it from and it worked fine on their computers.

I don't think my CD-Rom is defective. It's just old(4 years) and needs a new driver. I doubt it has any warranty left.

sickmanofasia
Aug 29, 2002, 01:56 PM
you can try and run the game with the no cd patch get it here

***********.megagames.com/cgi/download/download.cgi?action=search&category=cracks&search=MADDEN.NFL.2003.10.US.NOCD.ZIP

or from

www.gamecopyworld.com

this will let you run the game from your harddrive ,so you'll see if this is a cdrom issue or not ,thats provided the game is fully installed.

btw the patch is for nfl

********mysite.freeserve.com/sickmanofasia/images/0-picture.gif

kaeyc
Aug 29, 2002, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by sickmanofasia
you can try and run the game with the no cd patch get it here

***********.megagames.com/cgi/download/download.cgi?action=search&category=cracks&search=MADDEN.NFL.2003.10.US.NOCD.ZIP

or from

www.gamecopyworld.com

this will let you run the game from your harddrive ,so you'll see if this is a cdrom issue or not ,thats provided the game is fully installed.

btw the patch is for nfl

********mysite.freeserve.com/sickmanofasia/images/0-picture.gif

DUDE!!!!!!!!! I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!! OH MY GOD YOU'RE THE SAVIOR OF MY FUN LIFE LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU'RE MY FRIEND LOL!

seriously, I've tried everything man. if i have to use a crack to make this work, well thx to you I will and I will have fun. thanks a ton man.

sickmanofasia
Aug 29, 2002, 02:51 PM
let us know if this works m8 ,it might not