CDROM-Guide forums  

PDA

View Full Version : IP Addresses

GiGaDaNcE_2
Apr 29, 2002, 04:53 PM
Hi Guys

i have heard there is a way to get all the IP address's of people who are connected to your computer. for example if ur transferin a file over MSN messenger it goes direct and can give you the other persons IP address or if u are in a game e.g, counterstrike u can get the server address you are connected to

i have heard you can / have to do this through DOS. any knowledge on this subject would be greatly appreciated

Note, i am on an ISDN connection running Windows XP Proffesional Edition.

:blockhd:

duffy90210
Apr 29, 2002, 05:06 PM
May I ask whats the purpose of this post ? because I will have to close this if its for illegal use, as I am sure there will be many party spoiler wanting the same answers.

If the other person wanted you to know or have their IP, I am sure they will be only too happy to sent it to you....

GiGaDaNcE_2
Apr 29, 2002, 05:08 PM
its not for illegal use, i just wanted to see what connections i have running in / out of my LAN & Internet connection.

Sorry for any confusion

The Magpies
Apr 29, 2002, 05:36 PM
I dont think there any connection between knowing someone's IP address and the speed or your LAN connection, however there is a way to get it, but you can always ask for it from someone who is willing to give it to you.

Regards

GiGaDaNcE_2
Apr 29, 2002, 06:20 PM
no, ur getting the wrong picture.

I want to monitor what goes in and out of PC through looking at what IP addresses are connected.

if someone on my LAN is accessing files it will display there IP.

If this works on a LAN then surely it will work with anything from the net accessing my PC.

Kila_m
Apr 29, 2002, 06:31 PM
netstat is your friend m8

Its OK as it comes with windows and does what you want.

The Magpies
Apr 29, 2002, 06:45 PM
Netstat is window command, I gues he is after monitoring a trafic ****ysis, try Visuallookout at the link below.

***********.visualware.com/visuallookout/index.html

Regards

orson88
Apr 29, 2002, 07:52 PM
Why not just install a firewall then?

It can tell you everything about the traffic of your connection! ;)

GiGaDaNcE_2
Apr 30, 2002, 03:31 AM
thx guys thats what i wanted,

cheers