CDROM-Guide forums  

PDA

View Full Version : HP Printer Probs

dodgyfeas
Apr 30, 2002, 07:24 AM
If I start to print something and I decide to cancel the print and turn the printer off, when I turn the printer back on it just shoots out loads of paper and garbage.

I try to purge print jobs but it will continually throw out paper after printing a few characters on each page.

I have to turn the computer off and then on again to start again which can be a pain if I am burning a disc at the same time.

Is there a command or someway I can completely reset the printer back to stand by??

Cheers

DODGYFEAS

Knmwt15000
Apr 30, 2002, 07:35 AM
This is not an uncommon problem for a hp printer the printout that you are getting is the binary version of the file that you wanted to print.

It wouldn't happen to be a 890?

You can completely reset your printer but I forget how (I ditched mine after it was doing this and the paper jamming!)

I do remember that I got alot of help from the guys at HP though.

duffy90210
Apr 30, 2002, 08:15 AM
Because almost all printers now has some kind of 'buffers' to hold the print job, you need to clear both the PC and the printer.

The way I would do it, turn off the printer first, then cancel the print job in Windows, once the job disappeared from the list, turn the printer back on for a second (for it to pick up the cancal signal from Windows), then off again, now if you turn the printer back on, the buffer would be cleared.

(ps..Works a treat on a 600, 690 and a PS1000)