CDROM-Guide forums  

PDA

View Full Version : Batch files ?

john80y
Apr 30, 2002, 10:55 PM
Need a little help here...

I want an MP3 to run automatically on boot up .. Whats the best way to go about this ?

I am using win XP

Tim_UK
May 01, 2002, 03:14 AM
one quick way would be convert the mp3 to a wav file and in control panel sounds set the start up file to this one.

john80y
May 01, 2002, 02:09 PM
Hi Tim thats a resonable idea but I actually want to auto boot a playlist of about 30 songs...

The reason for this is I am going to a computer fair to sell products and I'm taking my PC with me.. We have a load of altec lansing speakers to sell and the best way to sell them is by using a set so people can hear them.
I'm not taking a monitor with me hence the need for the playlist to auto run so to speak. I though about just burning them to disk but would prefer to make them auto boot off the HD.

HELP :)

psibob84
May 01, 2002, 02:37 PM
how obout using winamp to make an .m3u (playlist) file.
then put a shortcut to that file in the startup menu in the start/programs/ menu.
(havent tried it but it could work)

MasterMind
May 01, 2002, 02:38 PM
Use winamp (www.winamp.com). Enter your songs into playlist. Sort them in a way you want. Save the list as M3U playlist. Then Right click on Start Button and select Open. Navigate to Programs -> StartUp folder. Create a Shortcut of the M3U playlist (the file you saved using WinAmp) in StartUp folder. When you boot next time it will start with Windows Media Player/ WinAmp.

HTH !!

john80y
May 01, 2002, 04:03 PM
Thanks guys it works a treat :)