CDROM-Guide forums  

PDA

View Full Version : non system disc or system error, replace and strike any key when ready

DarkFlare
May 04, 2002, 10:54 AM
please help my oyher pc is not working :

eorror meassage:

non system disc or system error,
replace and strike any key when ready

what am i to do, i have LOADS of things that i need to burn on there i hope i havemt lost them :'(

DarkFlare
May 04, 2002, 11:03 AM

please please help

Van Nugent
May 04, 2002, 11:04 AM
If it suddenly happens, you may have problem with the HD.

Try booting with a bootdisk to see if you can go to C:

A bootdisk can be obtained here www.bootdisk.com . Or you can make 1 from the working PC by going to Add/Remove Programs/Startup Disc.

Tedman
May 04, 2002, 04:57 PM
do you have a floppy in the drive when you are booting? or does it say that in the middle of using it?

Tedman
May 04, 2002, 05:07 PM
if you have a disk in the drive at boot up remove it thats all it is

jairzinho
May 04, 2002, 07:59 PM
I agree, when I was younger and first saw this msg I thought my PC was broke...but there was a disk (non-boot disk) left in the drive...DOS 5, those were the days.....

GiGaDaNcE_2
May 04, 2002, 08:04 PM
try removing the disk

other wise you may have deleted your partition. Go into the BIOS and see if it recognizis your Hard drive, if not try auto detect & restart, good look.

:)

crafty
May 05, 2002, 05:54 AM
I think he would have checked to see if he had a disk in the floppy drive

Roger Moore
May 05, 2002, 06:00 AM
Well you never know ;) .

If you see that message (and you don't have a floppy in) then (one of or more of) your harddrives might have failed. It could also be a virus.

Roger

MasterMind
May 06, 2002, 02:26 AM
Is it Win2000 NTFS partition or FAT 32 System partition ?

As Van said, have you tried running FDISK from bootdisk ? Its better to make sure that you have active partition on your HDD for the Windows/ OS to boot-up.