CDROM-Guide forums

CDROM-Guide forums (http://www.cdrom-guide.com/forums/index.php)
-   Open to All Computer Related Topics (http://www.cdrom-guide.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   ALL Look In !!! - Major M$ Security Flaw - Update Now!! (http://www.cdrom-guide.com/forums/showthread.php?t=254055)

gooner Aug 11, 2003 03:56 PM

Mods might be worth having a sticky for a few days M$ security issue/patch

There is a security issue that has been affecting 1000's today for some reason - even though M$ released the patch a month ago, might be worth having a sticky as there is bound to be more post, I have also seen this post on loads of other forums.

just a thought:)

[B]One of the error messages is:

The system is shutting down, shutdown was initiated by NT AUTHORITY/SYSTEM. - and the other is - Windows NT is initialising remote shutdown?[/B]

***********.cdrom-guide.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=254049

***********.**********.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=137322:

***********.**********.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=137366

There are now four posts on this forum and BST - as you know, can't post links to other forums.looking at these three links here though, the amount of people that have posted is quite a high number

[B]Patch can be found [URL=***********.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/security/bulletin/MS03-026.asp]HERE 1.5mb[/B]

Also read this as it is in relation to the above ********securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.blaster.worm.html - [B]Thanks burp[/B]

MSBLAST removal Tool - ********securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.blaster.worm.removal.tool.html

********isc.sans.org/diary.html?date=2003-08-11

If your on 56k and havin trouble downloading link to stop this due to system rebooting do this: go to the run command and type:

shutdown -a

ALSO

You can do this to stop the computer restarting each time and give you time to install the patch.

go to START, CONTROL PANEL,ADMINISTRATIVE TOOLS,COMPONENT SERVICES

then select SERVICES (local) from the left hand window. Find "REMOTE PROCEDUE CALL (RPC)" from the right hand window, right click, porperties. From the RECOVERY tab you can then set it so windows won't reboot each time. - [B]Thanks again to burp[/B]

Memphis Aug 11, 2003 04:58 PM

Gotta agree with this, I'm still amazed at how major this has gotten today.

gooner Aug 11, 2003 04:59 PM

Cheers Memphis it is hammering people all over - I cannot believe it is this bad either, would have thought that M$ would have sent out a e-mail to all technet people

Lazza Aug 11, 2003 05:10 PM

Yep, I agree with you guy's.

sorted. ;)

gooner Aug 11, 2003 05:12 PM

Cheers m8:)

Memphis Aug 11, 2003 05:40 PM

Nice one Lazza!

Now all we need is for people to start reading these sticky posts!