CDROM-Guide forums

CDROM-Guide forums (http://www.cdrom-guide.com/forums/index.php)
-   Video Game Backup - Xbox (http://www.cdrom-guide.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   ALL Video Files Dissapeared off XBOX HD!?!?! (http://www.cdrom-guide.com/forums/showthread.php?t=283910)

RealLex Sep 24, 2006 05:37 PM

ALL Video Files Dissapeared off XBOX HD!?!?!

Hi all, would really appreciate some help with this if possible?

I've got a 400 GB H/D with evoX & XBMC installed.

Ive got about 110 Gigs spare. All my videos & XBMC have just dissapeared off the H/D. The same amount of free space still shows. All my games are still there and seem playable having only tested a couple.

I've re-installed XMBC and that works fine now. If anyone has any idea how to get the video files back, WITHOUT re-transferring them all again, I'd love to hear it?????

I think it must have happened when I ftp'd a couple of avi's & mp3's over.

Again, any help appreciated.

Lex

insider68 Sep 25, 2006 08:50 PM

maby they got moved i would search all files on your hdd. if it shows the same space on it as befor they must have gotten moved.

RealLex Sep 26, 2006 03:48 PM

I have looked pretty much everywhere through the file manager software of XBMC & through mapping the drive to the laptop.

Is there some way of doing a heavy duty scan on it through any software on the Xbox itself?

Even in xbmc system settings it says that 264 gigs is used. I can only visibly find about 56 gigs of that.

insider68 Sep 26, 2006 08:14 PM

try using a ftp browser then right click and hit search or something of that sort

Anga Dec 13, 2006 01:52 AM

If you can see the xbox in your "My Computer"... which i can.... then try "space monger". it helped me out alot.:p

jans200 Mar 11, 2007 09:16 AM

[QUOTE=RealLex]Hi all, would really appreciate some help with this if possible?

I've got a 400 GB H/D with evoX & XBMC installed.

Ive got about 110 Gigs spare. All my videos & XBMC have just dissapeared off the H/D. The same amount of free space still shows. All my games are still there and seem playable having only tested a couple.

I've re-installed XMBC and that works fine now. If anyone has any idea how to get the video files back, WITHOUT re-transferring them all again, I'd love to hear it?????

I think it must have happened when I ftp'd a couple of avi's & mp3's over.

Again, any help appreciated.

Lex[/QUOTE]

Hi, i am having the same issue here, i was watching a movie on my xbox while i was copying some moviefiles to this xbox. When the movie was finished i returned to the filebrowser and saw that all my movie files had disappeared, also my games and photo's are gone. Still there's about 250GB in use from the 320GB HDD. Have you found a solution to this problem? Anyone? Strange problem and a little frustrating......