CDROM-Guide forums

CDROM-Guide forums (
-   Open to All Computer Related Topics (
-   -   hotmail account size question? (

contactmat Jun 17, 2002 09:03 AM

hotmail account size question?
right i have a hotmail account but it fills upto the 100% every few days. but when i delete all my messages in my inbox the meter still says its about 90% full, why anyone know?

p.s my saves messges dont take up much space

gooner Jun 17, 2002 09:05 AM

Probably because you need to empty your trash as well, even though you delete your mail from your inbox and numerous other folders it only puts them into your trash and this is still a part of your mailbox, so you will need to trawl through your trash and empty accordingly - same for yahoo and most others

celtic_druid Jun 17, 2002 09:17 AM

Check the junkmail folder. The default setting is to leave mail in there for 7 days or something, set it to instantly delete them.

gooner Jun 17, 2002 09:35 AM

Although Celtic_druid has highlighted that you can change the settings in the Junkmail folder, I wouldn't necessarily set it to instant delete as one day you will accidently delete something (We have all done it :eek: ) and have no way of getting it back - it's Sods law that always happens, set it at a couple of days or manually clear them out

celtic_druid Jun 17, 2002 09:55 AM

Ahhh, but you won't know that anything got deleted, so it doesn't matter. I don't know about you, but I couldn't be bothered going through the thousands of emails in the junkmail folder just to find one that isn't junk.

If you are only getting a few in the junk folder then that is different, but in this case it looks like the account is 90% full with junkmail, that is a lot of emails to skim through.

contactmat Jun 17, 2002 10:32 AM

yer it was just full of shite i just deleted it all thanks, i thought the junk deleted itself after a few days but it didnt