CDROM-Guide forums

CDROM-Guide forums (http://www.cdrom-guide.com/forums/index.php)
-   Dreamcast (http://www.cdrom-guide.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   My Dreamcast is getting worse (http://www.cdrom-guide.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78494)

dpmanx1 Apr 17, 2002 08:08 PM

My Dreamcast is getting worse

My dreamcast is getting worse....the more I play backups...it's hard to read cds..and backups....and makes noises when it's trying to load...sometimes I have to turn it sideways like i do my psx...so it can load the cd...is the lens causing this problem? I cleaned my lens...

Zyzure May 05, 2002 01:37 AM

backups kill the Dreamcast lens so the more you use it thw worse it will be

DC Fisherman May 05, 2002 04:37 AM

my dc makes a lot of sounds when i first bought it, so i don't think noice is the problem. and most dc makes loud noice anyways. but if u have to turn it side ways then that means the laser is weak.

hey, don't worry, my friend doesn't the same thing for his psxfor over 2 years. just turn it sideways and make sure nothing is blocking the fan.

the3jams May 05, 2002 05:54 AM

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Zyzure [/i]
[B]backups kill the Dreamcast lens so the more you use it thw worse it will be [/B][/QUOTE]

This isn't true. The reason people think backups kill their DC is because they play their backups more. If they were to play their originals just as much it would still die. Backups dont kill lasers, its the fact that you are using it more often. I've been using backups since they first came out and my laser is still going strong.

[img]***********.cdrom-guide.com/forums/imgs/jams.gif[/img]

dcm386 May 07, 2002 01:11 AM

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by the3jams [/i]
[B]
This isn't true. The reason people think backups kill their DC is because they play their backups more. If they were to play their originals just as much it would still die. Backups dont kill lasers, its the fact that you are using it more often. I've been using backups since they first came out and my laser is still going strong. [/B][/QUOTE]

Good point the3jams! I never understood why people thought backups would really be that bad, as many originals make the DC make disgusting noises too. I have also been using backups since the get go and so have many of my friends, and all of our DC's are still going strong!! :D

TreFacTor May 07, 2002 05:30 AM

i good point.. my original nfl2k2 made tons of noise... while the backup mad little or no noise at all and even loaded faster.

makaveli7 May 07, 2002 11:02 PM

Dunno why but my dreamcast keeps cutting itself of
i have
to hit it with something for it to come back on:furious:

TreFacTor May 08, 2002 01:49 AM

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by makaveli7 [/i]
[B]Dunno why but my dreamcast keeps cutting itself of
i have
to hit it with something for it to come back on:furious: [/B][/QUOTE]loose power connection somewhere.

tsay2cx May 08, 2002 09:38 PM

I realized that the Japanese Dreamcast don't make any noise at all when I play original or backup.. Someone told me that the US version is really loud because Sega of America use really cheap laser and parts and stuff, that is why it is really loud..

zeke_1 May 08, 2002 10:12 PM

why dont u just buy another lazer m8?

Zyzure May 08, 2002 11:29 PM

reply to the3jams

hey then 3 jams you should have a hell of a DC because I had to get a new DC to play again. when I went to Furnitron to fix my DC they told me the lens were damaged and I tell you I take extremely good care of my consoles

sparkster May 09, 2002 06:40 AM

Wouldn't surprise me if Sega gae you crap lasers. Sony did with V4 PS2's

Vyse May 10, 2002 04:23 PM

just play it standin up sideways, and it shouldnt make much noise.

boredskater2000@yahoo.com May 10, 2002 06:15 PM

About backups "hurting" your dreamcast, they can if the're not made right. read this:***********.dcemulation.com/faq/smartfaq.cgi?answer=995066990&id=993167177

noname87 May 12, 2002 01:57 PM

i tied to turnmy dc sideway, it work for like 5 times then the dreamcast keep freezing again, and it madea hellof noises