CDROM-Guide forums

CDROM-Guide forums (
-   Video Game Backup - Xbox (
-   -   Need Help Connecting To Xbox Different Problem (

Pickolizac Jul 17, 2002 04:09 PM

Need Help Connecting To Xbox Different Problem
Few days ago i have connected to my xbox and backed up C:/ and then installed evo-x dashboard. Now everytime i boot i get to evo-x boot screen which is great but the problem is now i cant connect to my xbox with my PC.

I have 2 nics and ones ip is and other one i use to connect xbox to is I tried both of those and also tried changing the last digits adding 1 to 18 and 124, but i still get connection refused.

I dont know what was the IP i used to connect the 1st time so i'm ****ed now. I cant connect to change to old C:/ and start over and also i cant do **** with it now. My question is is there any other way i can connect to my xbox, oh and i logged in with FlashFXP last time. IF not the my xbox is shitbox? right?

any help would be appreciated thanks in advance.

Cal_G_UK Jul 17, 2002 04:36 PM

Go into Network on EvoX, remove any static IP you may have entered so you have just all 0's again.

Reboot the Xbox.

Go back into Network, wait for a bit and it should bring up an automatic IP, use this to connect to the Xbox.

Pickolizac Jul 17, 2002 04:58 PM

Thats the deal i cant go back to network! :(

dcsurfer Jul 17, 2002 05:09 PM

there is an emergncy xbox ftp type deal i saw. i'll see if i can find the website for ya

found it. ***********

well, upon further inspection, i cant find it there now... you could go to xbox and download the dos hdd driver, and replace the menu.ini file in dos.

Pickolizac Jul 17, 2002 10:32 PM

thanks for the help, but i cant find anything on using dos for hdd drive so still looking for help anyone????????/

Pickolizac Jul 18, 2002 02:27 PM