CDROM-Guide forums

CDROM-Guide forums (
-   Windows Vista (
-   -   vista or xp? (

dvd*kinG Apr 09, 2007 07:09 PM

vista or xp?
hey guys im new here.
just a quick ello,before i ask a question which will prob get mixed responses lol.
Im about to get a new comp,and dont know whether to just stick with XP which
i have trusted,or f*** it all and go Vista lol.
I've also heard the name technet plus? can anyone let me know what it is.
thanks guys.:confused: :tup:

anch Apr 09, 2007 10:18 PM

I would say go Vista, you will eventually use it later unless you plan on using XP till the next OS.

like ME/2000 edition, its pretty obvious that no one uses them now, and microsoft dont give out updates as often. Soon, XP will be in the same shoe as it cant run directx10 with all other goodies of Vista.

dvd*kinG Apr 10, 2007 12:35 AM

Good points thanks. :)

OutOfMyMind Apr 10, 2007 10:07 PM

Vista over XP
if your buying a computer i would suggest wait about 2 months. the thing right now is companys are working out software bugs (ex: roxio will give error messages and is standard for alot of systems). anthor one i would suggest ultimate. XP is more compatible across the bord with hardware and software but that why i suggest wait a couple months.

technet plus "TechNet Plus is the must-have resource for IT professionals planning, implementing and supporting Microsoft solutions. This premium value subscription offers you immediate online access to the latest evaluation software and beta releases, two free support calls, live online concierge chat, managed newsgroups with a guaranteed next-business-day response, premium Microsoft E-Learning courses and much more." for mor information check out the link."
(link: ***********

Jack_Vorobey Sep 21, 2007 06:14 AM

XP!!!!!!!!!!!!! :tup:

bodgey Sep 22, 2007 12:05 AM

:tup: vista ultimate is what i am using gr8 OS many gr8 fetures aswell i personally have no problems running it ill be sticking with vista ultimate:tup: