CDROM-Guide forums

CDROM-Guide forums (http://www.cdrom-guide.com/forums/index.php)
-   DVD (http://www.cdrom-guide.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Questions about Newbie Guide: DVD 2 DVD-R post here (http://www.cdrom-guide.com/forums/showthread.php?t=219031)

rishardc Nov 11, 2002 11:04 AM

Questions about Newbie Guide: DVD 2 DVD-R post here

I reset the topic again since it got to 26 pages. I updated the faq regarding a few things, but nothing major. The last 26 pages worth of stuff have been pretty random things that don't warrant going into the FAQ.

PLEASE POST YOUR QUESTIONS REGARDING THE GUIDE HERE, AND HERE ONLY. Its better for everyone to keep the questions centralized this way if a question gets asked, then everyone can benefit from it.

I plan on making a lot of changes soon and changing the site layout. We'll c how it goes.

rishardc Nov 11, 2002 11:07 AM

CitizenKane,

Hmmm . . . I wonder if DVD-Pro might be screwing up the timecode. Thats the only other thing other then what I have mentioned that I can think of.
You might want to try uninstalling and re-installing it to see what happens.

Iceman00,

Were u using your computer when u ran rempeg? If so DON'T. It will screw up the re-encode process. Also your bitrate might be to low. I don't know why it would appear fine in ntsc.

sachi409,

you CAN burn dvd's without ME, but the originals you rip MUST be less then 4 gigs. Unfortunately about 1/3 or more of the DVD's out there are bigger then 4 gigs. IF you only go by big blockbuster movies then its more like 75% of them are bigger then 4 gigs.

Looks like an interesting product, but I'm sure it probably has its own issues. I think there might be another thread about this product already, but I could be wrong.

tj69 Nov 11, 2002 11:12 AM

hi m8 can you tell me is it ok to burn a 2x disc at 1x
cheers.

rishardc Nov 11, 2002 12:37 PM

yes its fine to do that. There is no problem with it whatsoever. I would call it a waist, but so be it :-). I'm sure you have your reasons.

rishardc Nov 11, 2002 06:34 PM

i have added a CCE Guide. Please feel free to pick it apart and tell me if there is anything wrong with it. I am by no means a master at this app yet so I might have made some mistakes.. . . plus I'm just tired!

lancebarker2 Nov 12, 2002 04:37 AM

rishardc good CCE guide but i have a few problems
1) I think your download combo may be corrupt with dvd2avi i get Unexpected end of archive. the other programs work fine.
2) I followed your guide but i got stuck when i dragged the text file into cce i keep getting 20000/1000 frame rate not supported, but when i look in my birate viewer report it says the framrate is 25.00.
Any ideas thanks

celtic_druid Nov 12, 2002 04:47 AM

***********.cdrom-guide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=217925&highlight=20000%2F1000

lancebarker2 Nov 12, 2002 04:52 AM

cheers i will try that
EDIT- i went back into DVD2AVI and took forcefilm off resaved the project and it worked cce accepted it

chibial Nov 16, 2002 01:18 PM

rishardc,

in your CCE guide, i get to the part where your supposed to create that avs file in notepad. I did so, and made sure the extension was *.avs

however, when i drag and drop the file into CCE, i get a "NewMovieFromFile() failed (0)" error.

all the paths in the avs file were correct.

any ideas whats goin on?

rishardc Nov 16, 2002 03:10 PM

I have never seen that error before. I wish I could tell you. To make absolutely for sure that the avs is correct is to grab the path from the my computer bar, and copy and paste it. Perhaps its not as right as you think. Also to test your avs file I THINK (haven't done this myself, but have heard something about it) you can play it in media player and it should play.

donhay Nov 17, 2002 12:11 PM

Richardc,

Great CCE guide.

If I add the iDCT=2, CPU=0 to my script, I get an error when trying to play the file in Media Player.

It says Mpeg2source does not have a named argument "iDCT"

If I take both out, it works. Any idea?

Also, any chance of a 2.66 guide as the interface is quite different?

Keep up the great work!

rishardc Nov 17, 2002 05:20 PM

Donhay, have you by any chance tried to use the avs file in CCE just to see if it will encode? If not try that. If you have and its not working post your script here.

rishardc Nov 17, 2002 08:09 PM

I just made a bunch of changes to my site, but I really don't have time to check them right now. If you guys notice anyhthing broken please let me know. I just added an IFOEdit authoring guide and changed the layout slightly. I will probably alter it more tommorow. We'll C.

joe11668 Nov 18, 2002 07:33 AM

OK.....Here goes!

I've bought a A03 of ebay....only 5 months old. It came with VOB Instant CD/DVD.

I've not had much success as yet.

I have some 4.7gb DVD's that i want to back up but i'm getting error messages.

and

I have tried to use the "Instant write" and it will not recognise the media. I've tried Verbatim dvd-wr and a datasafe dvd-wr

I've bought a selection of dvd discs from SVP and have tried all of them just in case it was a compatability issue

The drive has firmware 1.90 on it

Any suggestions?

rishardc Nov 18, 2002 12:49 PM

What error message do you get when u use VOB Instant CD/DVD? I am not really familliar with that program so I can't be of to much help there. I would recommend at least getting Record Now which is only $50 and uses the same engine as Prassi PrimoDVD.

As far as the DVD-RW goes I think its strange that it doesn't recognise it. What happens when it doesn't recognize it?