CDROM-Guide forums

CDROM-Guide forums (http://www.cdrom-guide.com/forums/index.php)
-   Video Game Backup - Xbox (http://www.cdrom-guide.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Play N64 Games (dvd) on Xbox? (http://www.cdrom-guide.com/forums/showthread.php?t=281726)

Yoonabomber Nov 07, 2005 03:18 PM

Play N64 Games (dvd) on Xbox?

Sorry, I'm new at this...

I've recently downloaded surreal64xxx and a whole bunch of roms to go along with it.

I also placed the roms into the the ROM subfolder in surreal64, and then iso'd the whole folder to make an image file....unfortunately it's still not loading?

I'm trying to basically just play the N64 roms off a dvd on my evo-xbox, if thats even possible....if its not please let me know that i'm wasting my time, and perhaps supply any suggestions??

insider68 Dec 04, 2005 05:37 PM

I may not be an expert but for one thing i would try using cd-rw. I have not found an xbox that does not read them. I tryed to softmod my xbox but i couldent because I was using cd-r and dvd-r and the xbox would not read them. I have just recently ordered a mod chip and I am going to put emulaters on it so if I come up with a solution I will let you know.

TreFacTor Dec 07, 2005 03:42 PM

to play surreal or any other roms from the dvd you need to make the roms into an xiso with the emulator default xbe in it. you can use craxtion to make the xiso you could put the roms onto the harddrive in the emulator folder and they can be played in the zip format direct from the hd. the xbox dvd drive will recognize cdrw, dvd+-r, and dvd-rw. it's hit or miss but as long as you use the xbox file system it shouldn't be that hard to get the right combination.

themasterlu Dec 22, 2005 08:12 PM

a lot of the roms run slow with a lot of problems or dont run at all so I wouldnt even bother

SBK Dec 27, 2005 11:32 AM

[QUOTE=themasterlu]a lot of the roms run slow with a lot of problems or dont run at all so I wouldnt even bother[/QUOTE]

themasterlu is 100% correct, my son loves the n64 but it's very hard to get the games running and even if you do they don't always run as expected.

SBK

arnie066 Jan 02, 2006 02:31 AM

Xbe File

[QUOTE=TreFacTor]to play surreal or any other roms from the dvd you need to make the roms into an xiso with the emulator default xbe in it. you can use craxtion to make the xiso you could put the roms onto the harddrive in the emulator folder and they can be played in the zip format direct from the hd. the xbox dvd drive will recognize cdrw, dvd+-r, and dvd-rw. it's hit or miss but as long as you use the xbox file system it shouldn't be that hard to get the right combination.[/QUOTE]

It may be a stupid question, but i am new with playing n64 games on xbox.
What is an XBE file? Is it included when i download n64 roms? or do i need to make an XBE file? if so, how do i make an XBE file?