CDROM-Guide forums

CDROM-Guide forums (http://www.cdrom-guide.com/forums/index.php)
-   CD-R & CD-RW (http://www.cdrom-guide.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Is it technically possible to format a USB flash drive to emulate a bootable CD? (http://www.cdrom-guide.com/forums/showthread.php?t=289286)

kgomai Feb 18, 2008 07:25 PM

Is it technically possible to format a USB flash drive to emulate a bootable CD?

Hi all,

This may not be the right thread, but I'll hope so. Is it technically possible to format a USB flash drive to emulate a bootable CD?

This may sound crazy, but there's a reason! Making a bootable CD and having it work on any strange computer is a piece of cake because the Torito Boot Standard is used industry wide. Making a bootable USB stick that will work on any strange computer is problematic because there is no industry wide USB Boot Standard.

I've been banging my head on this for about a month now, trying to make UBCD4Win work on a 2 gig SanDisk Cruzer Titanium USB pen-drive. I won't relive that here, but the short is that I can and did build it as a bootable CD and it works like a dream, but I still want it on the pen drive so I can carry it in my pocket.

Sudden inspiration: :madhack: I can extract the 2048 byte boot sector from the CD and save it as Drive-E.NoEmulation__Segment-0000__SecCount-4.bin. Is there a CD or Disk editor that will allow me to format the pen-drive as a CD with CDFS, and write that boot sector to it?. If all that were possible, couldn't I then just burn the iso image from my bootable CD to the converted pen-drive and have it work the same way as the CD, after setting the computer BIOS to boot from CD ?

I know this may seem like a big waste of space on the flash drive, but being able to boot it on any computer reliably as a bootable CD, and carry it around in my pocket, would be worth it to me in my work

Cheers

kgomai.

chandler68 Feb 18, 2008 11:17 PM

For what i have read it is no different using a USB pen drive to using a CD disc to boot from, provided the BIOS of the mobo suports it.

colin.

marchelyx Jun 10, 2009 03:41 AM

I am totally agreed with you.

unsenueempIge Dec 20, 2011 01:30 AM

Drug Users Rate

cymnannuala, [url=***********.sildenafilonlinesales.com/]buy ****** online without prescription No prescription! ***********.sildenafilonlinesales.com/ - buy ******

perico Jan 11, 2012 08:31 PM

USB use

You can even install software with this tool in this link: ***********.microsoftstore.com/store/msstore/html/pbPage.Help_Win7_usbdvd_dwnTool

rcfthbpfec Feb 28, 2012 03:25 PM

sopgmianpi generic ****** xnnaocyldk

kop ****** billigt <a href="**************receptfritt.bloggproffs.se/tag/kop-******-billigt/">kop ****** billigt</a> kop ****** billigt [url=**************receptfritt.bloggproffs.se/tag/kop-******-billigt/]kop ****** billigt kop ****** billigt **************receptfritt.bloggproffs.se/tag/kop-******-billigt/
kop ****** online <a href="**************receptfritt.bloggproffs.se/tag/kop-******-online/">kop ****** online</a> kop ****** online [url=**************receptfritt.bloggproffs.se/tag/kop-******-online/]kop ****** online kop ****** online **************receptfritt.bloggproffs.se/tag/kop-******-online/
kop ****** pa internet <a href="**************receptfritt.bloggproffs.se/tag/kop-******-pa-internet/">kop ****** pa internet</a> kop ****** pa internet [url=**************receptfritt.bloggproffs.se/tag/kop-******-pa-internet/]kop ****** pa internet kop ****** pa internet **************receptfritt.bloggproffs.se/tag/kop-******-pa-internet/
kop ****** pa natet <a href="**************receptfritt.bloggproffs.se/tag/kop-******-pa-natet/">kop ****** pa natet</a> kop ****** pa natet [url=**************receptfritt.bloggproffs.se/tag/kop-******-pa-natet/]kop ****** pa natet kop ****** pa natet **************receptfritt.bloggproffs.se/tag/kop-******-pa-natet/
kop ****** receptfritt <a href="**************receptfritt.bloggproffs.se/tag/kop-******-receptfritt/">kop ****** receptfritt</a> kop ****** receptfritt [url=**************receptfritt.bloggproffs.se/tag/kop-******-receptfritt/]kop ****** receptfritt kop ****** receptfritt **************receptfritt.bloggproffs.se/tag/kop-******-receptfritt/