CDROM-Guide forums

CDROM-Guide forums (http://www.cdrom-guide.com/forums/index.php)
-   Legacy Game Backup (http://www.cdrom-guide.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   How to Watch HD Video and Blu-rays with HTPC and Projector (http://www.cdrom-guide.com/forums/showthread.php?t=313645)

jessie3026 Jun 10, 2010 04:30 AM

How to Watch HD Video and Blu-rays with HTPC and Projector

How to Watch HD Video and Blu-rays with HTPC and Projector

[img]********image.mxf-converter.com/201006/hd-bddvd-htpc-projector.jpg[/img]

With the high demands of watching high-def videos at home, more and more people are using HTPC to store and play videos using LCD projectors. HTPC is powerful with many different videos, for example to play videos like .mp4, .m2ts, .mkv videos supported by with VLC media player. And you may find that VLC media player does not play .m2ts HD videos from camcorder very well, especially those with interlacing artifacts from 1080i camcorder.

For Blu-ray videos, we shall update HTPC with Blu-ray drive. However, with Blu-ray drive alone, the Blu-ray movie does not play, as a Blu-ray DVD player software is needed. Most of the Blu-ray DVD player tools are commercial shareware, e.g. PowerDVD, Corel WinDVD. To make sure HTPC could play all the media files without artifacts, I highly recommend [b]Aunsoft Blu-ray Video Converter Ultimate[/b] to remove interlacing artifacts from 1080i camcorder videos, to rip Blu-ray to HD videos at high quality.

The article includes two parts: to convert video to HTPC, and to setup HTPC with LCD Projector.

[b]Part I. Convert HD video and Blu-rays to HTPC[/b]

Step 1. Load HD video and Blu-rays to Aunsoft Blu-ray Video Converter Ultimate.

If you want to rip Blu-ray disc, just insert the Blu-ray disc to Blu-ray drive and click the Load DVD button on the application. Then choose the Blu-ray disc from the list of DEVICES.

If you want to load HD video like .m2ts, .tod, capture the videos from camcorder with the bundled software from the CD of your camera/camcorder, or use DV Split to capture camcorder videos. Then click the Add button to load the camcorder videos.

Step 2. Choose HD video output for HTPC.

Click the Format option and choose one option from the HD Video group. There are options like H.264 MP4, H.264 MOV, and AVI HD video for selection. Here I choose HD MP4 with H.264 video codec.

[img]********image.mxf-converter.com/201006/hd-mp4-htpc-projector.jpg[/img]

Step 3. [b]Convert video and BD/DVD to MP4 for HTPC[/b] .

Click the convert button and the application starts converting videos to HD MP4 file for HTPC. Aunsoft Blu-ray Video Converter Ultimate will remove the interlaced artifacts of camera videos (.m2ts, .tod, .mod) by default, and the output video will be kept with high quality. The videos and BD/DVD will be transcoded as .mov as output for easy and smooth playback on HTPC.

[b]Part II. Setup LCD projector and HTPC to play HD video[/b]

Step 1. Connect LCD projector and HTPC.
Use VGA cable to connect HTPC and LCD projector, by plugging the blur PC port and the cable into the RGB 1 port on the LCD projector.

Step 2. Get ready with speakers.
Some projectors include speakers, but the quality is not as good as that from HTPC or your professional surround sound 5.1 speakers or external speakers. Just plug external speakers to the port for headphones.

Step 3. Turn on HTPC and digital projector for video playback.
While HTPC is playing HD video, show the monitor on screen and the projector will display the HD videos.

With Aunsoft Blu-ray Video Converter Ultimate, you can easily make your HTPC compatible to most media files and [b]enjoy AVCHD camcorder videos and Blu-rays[/b] and DVDs with the large screen projector.

[code]***********.aunsoft.com/blu-ray-video-converter-ultimate/[/code]

jessie3026 Jul 05, 2011 04:45 AM

Video Management for DLNA-Connect and Stream AVCHD Video to Projector via DLNA on NAS with Window 7 MTS/M2TS Joiner
Enjoy Vacation AVCHD videos on Projector with NAS sharing via DLNA

We have a happy summer in Hawaii. With our travel companion, the compact Panasonic Lumix FZ100, we shot videos in 1920x1080 60i. But we got a large amount of clips when we connect the camera to PC from our vacation. Our PC with Windows Media Player 12 can play the videos, but we generally put the videos to NAS, so that our devices can find and enjoy/play Vacation videos on Projector via DLNA. I use the HD Writer AE, but could not join several clips in a quick and easy way.

My friend recommends me to use Aunsoft Final Mate, and it really does a good job with the preview. There seems no quality loss while the files are joined into one large file. What is more important, the whole process is done in a blink second.

It facilitates the Video Management for DLNA, which would be stored in NAS. We can not only play the videos on PS3 hooked to my Samsung HDTV, but also watch them on LCD projector connected to the HTPC. Below are my simple steps using Final Mate to merge AVCHD clips on Windows 7.

About DLNA Projector :

How to Merge AVCHD Videos and Connect/Stream to Projector via DLNA?

1. Import videos to Aunsoft Final Mate.
For the videos on PC hard drive, run Aunsoft Final Mate as MTS/M2TS joiner NAS sharing via DLNA, go to the Resource tab, and click the "Add file path" button to browse the folder with the .mts or .m2ts files.
For videos on camera, just use USB cable to connect camera to PC, and follow the pop-up message on Final Mate to import clips to Camcorder tab.

2. Merge AVCHD footage for lossless output.
Click the Create New Movie button, and a new Movie ID for lossless output will be created on Movies tab. Drag and drop the clips with the same event to the Movie ID. For another event or other clips, just create another lossless movie.

3. Get AVCHD file for DLNA sharing.
Click the Export button under the volume settings, and click the OK button to start joining AVCHD files into one large file.

So no matter you are using Popcorn Hour, PlayStation 3, NAS from Netgear, Synology, QNAS, LCD projectors like LG HS200 or other home projectors, you can easily Stream and Play HD videos with projector via DLNA.

********dts-ac3-converter.com/2011/07/enjoy-vacation-avchd-videos-on-projector-with-nas-sharing-via-dlna/