View Single Post
Old Dec 24, 2009, 09:14 PM
Veteran

Default Christmas DIY-Rip DVD (VOB files) to AVI for editing on Final Cut Pro on Mac OS X

Christmas DIY-Rip DVD (VOB files) to AVI for editing on Final Cut Pro on Mac OS X

[img]***********.my-video-converter.com/images/pro_christmas2009.gif[/img]

Christmas Day is on the way. Do you have some special plans beside some traditional activities? As for me, I plan to make a special home video with my collected DVD movies. First, I need to edit them on Final Cut Pro and then merge them into a big file so that it could be played on my WD TV Live for sharing with my family on Christmas Day.
[img]********zyghrz.com/pic/hdmac/youtube/DVD/ripdvdtoavi.jpg[/img]

When I imported DVD files into FCP, they were not recognized by this program which made me annoying. I searched related information online and finally found out the reason caused it that is DVD has two video formats (MPEG and VOB). Only MPEG files can directly add and edit in FCP while VOB can not accept. Therefore, we have to convert/rip DVD to the formats workable to FCP.

Here I will show you the easiest way to rip DVD to AVI (lossless format) for editing on FCP with a reliable program called [b]Moyea DVD Ripper for Mac[/b].

Preparation: Free download [b]Moyea DVD Ripper for Mac[/b] here, install and run it.

[b]Step 1: Add DVD files into this program[/b]

[b]Step 2: Select the output video formats as AVI.[/b]

[b][img]********zyghrz.com/pic/hdmac/youtube/DVD/maininterface.jpg[/img][/b]

If you want to merge multiple files into one, you can tick the checkbox [b]Merge into one file[/b] to make it.

[b]Step 3: Set the destination folder[/b]

If you want to save the ripped files into a specified folder, you can click the [b]Browse[/b] button to realize it. Otherwise, the output files will be saved in default folder automatically.

[b]Step 4: Convert[/b]

Once all the settings are done, you can click the [b]Convert[/b] button to start converting. After the conversion task is finished, you can open the destination folder to get the AVI files and then import them to FCP for editing.

PS: Moyea DVD Ripper for Mac gives a special surprise for Mac users as [b]Christmas gifts[/b] (***********.my-video-converter.com/christmas2009/) here.

Code:
***********.my-video-converter.com/dvd_ripper_mac/