View Single Post
Old Apr 28, 2003, 09:17 AM

Default Question for the guys who know how to do a double swap to boot DVDr with GS/AR disk

Hi,
I Tried to do a double swap to boot my DVDr game.
When I inserted the AR and held the start button on the PS2,
at the AR main screen i pressed the eject button while still holding the start
button, i quickly swaped the GS with a DVDr demo disk. I normally have 4 seconds to do the swap before the tray automatically shuts.
However I did not put the demo disk in properly and the tray shut jamming the demo disk 1/2 in and 1/2 out of the tray. I pressed the eject button and
the tray would not open due to the demo disk wedging it shut.
The tray/ps2 motor made some strange whining sound (as if in pain!),
so i decided to switch off the Ps2 and back on again hoping to get the demo disk out, which when I switched back on and pressed the eject button, the demo disk was released.
However when I tried to do the double swap again and put the demo disk in the tray (properly this time!) it did not automatically shut. So I shut the tray myself and choose with codes and released the PS2 start button, upon which the tray opened with the demo disk spinning really fast. I put in the DVDR game, and hit the x button, but the game would not boot. I have tried this a number of times but without success.
I have booted DVDr games like this many times with any problems, so I'm wondering if the tray mechanism was broken when the demo disk got jammed and the tray got stuck.

Any advise on this is most welcomed or any other threads with similar problems. Is there a way to get things working again without hardware maintanance.

The ps2 was bought april 2001 (not sure the version), and an action replay 1.7 was used.

Thanks guys.