View Single Post
Old Oct 14, 2003, 02:59 PM

hi, it's been ages and ages since i burned anything for dc (first_read.bin...LOL!) and i don't even have a dc anymore so i'm not much use to you on this one m8 but...

use the 'string' or 'textstring' option to search for 'cd001' int the right hand side window, then look for the 5A2E reference in the the middle window in your hexeditor, it should be 7th and 8th bytes in front of where 'cd001' appears as hexcode...rhubarb, rhubarb...

lemec 'obsidian' version was made selfbooting!...i tihnk the patch files were supposed to be applied to the nonselfboot version to make it a selfbooter with better frontend?...doesn't it ovewrite the old 1st_read and other bin files?...damn, i can't remember!...

you can have as many roms in as many folders as you like, i only suggested 50 because...well, actually i can't remember!...probably cos about 50 fit on the screen so you haven't gotta scroll up and down through endless romnames looking for whatever...(ok ok!!, i just made it up, i kinda do that alot ;-)

as for the obsidian files, i honestly don't think i have them anymore, sorry fella. but maybe you wanna edit your post cos the mods will slap you for requesting illegal copywrited stuff...bummer, but rules is rules...

anyway, there _is_ a way to get cdrecord to burn audio.raw to 0,11700!!...search for cdrhack.exe, a hacked version of cdrecord that'll let you burn 298 blocks, it'll still add the other 2 making 300 overall, instead of 302...

so, chop the equivalent of 2 blocks (4704 bytes) from your 689kb audio.raw file, and burn it as audio following echelon tutorial...only using cdrhack intsead of cdrecord. it should give you an lba offset of 0,11700...i'm pretty sure this will work and it'll sort your problem without having to hack any bins!...

ok, i searched through my posts and found a valid link to cdrhack.exe for you...

********cdirip.freeyellow.com/cdrhack.zip

goodluck m8...
__
arthur_p_huxake