Thread: Media?
View Single Post
Old Jul 02, 2004, 01:56 PM

I am sure that is not what he is talking about buddy. Anyways, the best media is Taiyo Yuden DVD-R. They have consistantly proven to be above the rest when it comes to error rates (almost non-existant), compatibility and durability. You can get them for $60+shipping in a 50 pack from or in 100 packs for $110+shipping. It sounds like alot but when you consider that you are getting the best DVD-R media out there for $1.30 a disc or less it really is quite reasonable. Now if you are talking about the best media for the price then Ritek DVD-R is the undisputed champ. A 50 pack of these discs will run you $27 with free Fedex shipping from At 54 cents a disc you won't find a more compatible and reliable media for the price. Ritek DVD-R are what I use personally as I have burned approximately 200-300 of these (between data, movie, XBOX and PS2 backups) and I have yet to find a machine that will not play them. I have tested them out in several different versions of PS2s, all of the XBOX DVD Drives, 5 Different DVD Players (including one cheap $40 Mintek) and not a single one of them fails to play. However, as mentioned above if you want nothing but the best then Taiyo Yuden is for you.