View Single Post
Old Jun 13, 2003, 08:44 AM

To play Splinter Cell with my apple mod:

Found this posted by Snoopy007, it worked for me First Time! I only played the training level for about 5 minutes but it seems to be working normally.

Thank You Snoopy007!
----------------------------------------------
Saving a Game: let it save, when it says that it saved correctly with the option to hit ok, simply push X and the open tray button on your ps2 simultaneously. You will now just have a black screen. Let your tray stay open for a second or two then close the tray. Your game now continues perfectly.

Withouth Saving: you will be asked do you want to save. Say no. Then you will be asked are you sure? Highlight yes and hit X and the open tray button simultaneously. Then close your tray after a second or two. Your game now continues perfectly.

Loading a Saved Game: highlight your saved game and hit X and open tray button simultaneously. Then close your tray after a second or two.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
I used the first method "saving a game". It took maybe 10 seconds for the game to boot from black screen to the beginning of the training mission (no "grinding" or other terrible laser sounds though).

Still, this protection is certainly an issue and I would, as I've found has been recommended previously, still like a sticky for games that are a problem for no-swap modes. I'm sure the sticky would end up with solutions like this also.

Thanks Again Snoopy007

Last edited by Rick123; Jun 13, 2003 at 08:46 AM.