CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Sep 23, 2002, 08:39 PM

Default Question about cookies/history removal please

sponsored links

Hello,

My problem is that whenever I type something on the google.com search engine line, I get a list of a bunch of previous searches. It's not the address line that I'm having trouble with, as I could just clear out old web addresses with the "clear history" option..this I know. The problem is that I can't seem to find a place to clear out the search lines, like at google.com and msn.com.
I tried to go into internet options and clear history, delete all temporary internet files and offline files, and delete cookies, but my old search phrases still show up if I start typing the first letter or two that matches, ya know?
Anyway, I hope this makes sense and that somebody can help me find the solution as soon as possible. Thanks!

-=alk3=-
Old Sep 23, 2002, 10:33 PM
Veteran

If you need an easy way out, try Window Washer ( ***********.webroot.com )

This will clean out all caches and temp files, and you can also choose what to keep/delete also.

HTH
Old Sep 25, 2002, 01:07 AM

Ok, i have asked a friend, and I have found the solution. Here's how to fix this:

Go into Internet Options, then click on the "Content" tab, then click on the "Autocomplete" tab. From there, just [b]uncheck[/b] the "forms" option and now your old searches wont appear every time you go to type one in.