CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2 > PS2 Modchip Help & Installation
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Oct 04, 2002, 12:55 AM

Default 4v Magic 2 plays ps1 but not ps2

sponsored links

I have to admit I didn't do a search on this but I couldn't figure out how to search for it since so many of the words are under 4 letters.

I got some good advice about cutting my z wire to get my ps2 booting up and now I find I have another problem.

I assumed all was good because my PS2 played PS1 backup CDR, PS2 original DVD and CD, so I went to back up my bloody roar 3 and followed instructions for both CDRWIN and CloneCD, neither backup works. They are on the same discs that my PS1 backups are on, and are burned at 4x.
My drive is a Lite on that supports DAO and subchannel.

I am ordering some ps2 dvd backups since I haven't a DVD burner but I get a bad feeling they won't work either.

I would like to know if it is possible to have a PS2 chipped that will boot all originals and PS1 backups but not PS2 backups (is one of those rediculous small solder points wrong) or is it a case where having any wire wrong will keep the whole thing from booting. I am asking because I want to narrow down my trouble shooting, if I can be sure it's not the PS2 then I can start looking into my burn process. Thanx.
Old Oct 04, 2002, 07:01 AM

It just takes one wire to have a bad connection and the ps2 backups won't boot. Check the cd/dvd wires.
Old Oct 04, 2002, 04:59 PM

Thanx, but which ones are the DVD wires? Are they the ones on the back (those are the ones I had the most trouble with) and if so do you have any advice on the easiest way to get them soldered right? So far I have gotten lucky with enough flux to have them stick but thats about it.
Old Oct 05, 2002, 12:13 AM
Veteran

Flux should do it for those points. Just a touch, a toothpick tip. Check with a multimeter to see if any of them are crossed...