CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox > Xbox Modchip Help & Installation
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Nov 13, 2002, 08:40 AM

Default XBOX boot files

sponsored links

Hey all,

I have searched the forums, and I have not found an answer to my question.

I have a Evolution 2.5 bios and Evox Dash 1.8.2812. I was wondering what file does the bios look to boot when a cd is in the drive. I'm confused. I don't know if the bios is looking for default.xbe, xboxdash.xbe or evoxdash.xbe. Can someone help me and let me know which file the Evo bios looks to boot.

TIA

actwon
Old Nov 13, 2002, 12:49 PM

When there is a disk in the drive it will boot to whatever xbe file is on the disk. I'm not sure about what order it will pick it if there are multiple xbe files. My guess is default .xbe. Which xbe file that loads from your hard drive is different. It's usually specified in the bios that you used. For instance the color modded bios also give you the option of using yboxdash.xbe or evoxdash.xbe. Depending on which bios you choose the system will boot that xbe file.