CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > VideoCD
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Nov 19, 2002, 04:59 PM

Default making video cd's help please.

sponsored links

ok i really need help, i download movies from imesh and direct connect and these are ".avi" files and about 1000 for the bitrate, i want to transfer these onto a vcd using "nero" how do i do this so that i can encode to whatever i need to then put it on the sound. my mate said i had to use a thing called "tmpgenc" or sumthin. i tried this and when i done this the sound didnt work somehow even though i selected the same for the sound file. what do i need to convert it to and what do i use to convert etc ? i converted one and tried to put it on a disk after selecting VideoCD 700mb and said it didnt fit. why is that ? plz help guys. basically all i am asking is how do i get ".avi" downloaded files converted and put onto videocd so i can watch in my dvd player. thanx
Old Nov 19, 2002, 05:03 PM

also can i get help, how do you get a sound file from the video ? i thought that you just had to select the same file as the video but i seen somewhere it has to be ".wav" so how do you get this ? thanx
Old Nov 19, 2002, 05:46 PM

can someone please help me out there ? how do you get the sound file of your video ? thanx
Old Nov 19, 2002, 06:41 PM

***********.vcdhelp.com/convert
could of been a dodgy download ???
Old Nov 19, 2002, 08:23 PM
Veteran

TMPGEnc has "issues" with VBR mp3 audio (might have something to do with the fact that AVI's don't really support it). Your files probably use such audio.
Old Nov 20, 2002, 08:39 PM

hey its kool i can work it liek a gem now just read through everything on that site. thanx