CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Legacy Game Backup > Dreamcast
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Feb 01, 2002, 01:26 AM

sponsored links

I just tried it again, making sure the hex changes were saved, the ip.bin used was the bootfile created by isofix, and isofix gave me no errors. But the result was the same, it stops loading at 96-98%.

Also tried to selfboot it again, this time hacking the 1st read to change the LBA from 11702 to 11700, but again, no luck.

I wonder if anyone has dummied this game before.
Old Feb 10, 2002, 05:55 PM

Question

Ok I need to bring this back. I've been trying to dummy dynamite cop for the last few days and I've made a crap load of coasters. I was wondering if I hex the 1st_read.bin and make it nonselfboot and then use the echelon method without using binhack would that work. Just make a dummy, then make an iso, and then just use the ipins.exe. and finally just burn the iso. Would that work? Wouldn't it be dummied just not selfboot?
Old Feb 11, 2002, 05:17 PM

I finally added the dummy and made it selfboot. Just search the forums for a tutorial for dummying Rez, and follow it, but instead of burning the audio.raw file that comes with the Echelon selfboot tutorial, burn the audio file that cdirip gives you.

That way I finally got the correct LBA and could burn it, I made a lot of coasters too, until someone in other forum told me that the 1st read from the Kalisto releases couldn't get hacked because it was ripped in a different way. Hope this helps.