CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics > Data Protection/Compression
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Dec 15, 2002, 08:39 AM

Default Best program to delete a file

sponsored links

I have a RAR file which i can't delete, sophos virus checker has hold of it as it sez it's a virus, and windows can't delete it, there is no uninstall for Sophos or i'd do that then delete it, Noton doesn't see the RAR file as a virus, but Sophos is interupting windows all the time and making use of this PC hell, i just want to delete this file. Any help is most greatfull
Old Dec 16, 2002, 10:04 AM
Veteran

Firstly, you should never run 2 anti-virus programs at the same time, they will cause you no end of problems.

Within properties in Norton, you should have options detailing what the program does when it detects viruses. I think the default is quarantine but you can change it to delete. Have you tried switching Sophos and Norton off and then try to delete it ?
Old Dec 17, 2002, 08:18 AM

Thanks for the reply, installed the latest version of Sophos, and was able to delete the infected file, strange but now sorted. THX. Thought Norton was top of the range virus killer? strange it couldn't find the JOKE/RANDTIME virus?
Old Dec 18, 2002, 04:27 AM
Veteran

Trouble is, as I said above, if you have 2 virus programs, they tend to counteract each other. I would remove both and stick with one or the other.