CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox > Xbox Modchip Help & Installation
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jan 08, 2003, 10:37 AM
Veteran

Default Matrix - green then red flashing on 1.1 box in mode 1...

sponsored links

Is this right?

I've installed the matrix chip (set for mode 1) and when powering up the xbox the led flashes green for about a second then starts flashing red.

I've seen on a couple of sites that this is a quirk when using a matrix on a 1.1 xbox (PAL UK) - can anyone here confirm this? The advice given was just to ensure that the 3 visual alignment holes are correct.

Also, it's flashed with EvoX 3.6 and according to WinLPC, it programmed OK and also verified without a problem.

When I put the xbox back together with the matrix in mode 2, the box starts up and then turns itself off. Then it turns itself on and sort of beeps/squeaks. It then powers down and turns itself on for a final time. This time the led on on the front of the xbox flashes green and red - nothing else happens. The led on the matrix is a steady green.

Setting the matrix back to mode 1 and powering up results in the xbox booting fine but obviously without any of the matrix 'enhancements'

Any ideas as to where in the process it's going wrong?
Old Jan 11, 2003, 09:28 AM

That process of starting/shutting down flashing green/red means that the xbox can not find a valid BIOS.

This could be for 2 reasons - 1 being that the x-ecutor isn't installed correctly - altho you say if you set to mode 1 it boots fine - which suggests it is installed right.

The only other reason could be that the BIOS it is flashed with is corrupt - get a new 256k bios and try flashing the chip again - try the new d.6 BIOS if you can get hold of it.
Old Jan 13, 2003, 09:35 PM

also try making sure you have it secure, sometimes it will reset itself 3 times b/c the G spot is not properly connected