CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2 > PS2 Modchip Help & Installation
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jan 23, 2003, 09:11 AM

Question PS2 CD Tray won't close right......

sponsored links

I have a v5 PS2 and I'm using the swap magic disc to play backups. I also installed the PS2 flip top cover to perform the swap. Everything worked fine. But yesterday, my brother was about to load the swap magic disc and pressed the eject button. The cd tray came out and he went to grap the disc in a hurry before it actually came all the way out. In doing so, he bumped the tray back in. Before it fully went back into the system he quickly pressed eject to bring it back out. It came out fine, put the disc back into the tray and pressed eject to send it back into the PS2 unit. Half way in, it stopped. I opened the flip top cover to view the problem and noticed that the lens and the part the spins the disc was up before the tray could go all the way back. I tried to reset it, but nothing works. It seems like the timing was thrown off and it was out of sync. Is there anyway to correct this? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Old Jan 23, 2003, 09:29 AM
Veteran

Default Re: PS2 CD Tray won't close right......

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by aledesma4 [/i]
[B]I have a v5 PS2 and I'm using the swap magic disc to play backups. I also installed the PS2 flip top cover to perform the swap. Everything worked fine. But yesterday, my brother was about to load the swap magic disc and pressed the eject button. The cd tray came out and he went to grap the disc in a hurry before it actually came all the way out. In doing so, he bumped the tray back in. Before it fully went back into the system he quickly pressed eject to bring it back out. It came out fine, put the disc back into the tray and pressed eject to send it back into the PS2 unit. Half way in, it stopped. I opened the flip top cover to view the problem and noticed that the lens and the part the spins the disc was up before the tray could go all the way back. I tried to reset it, but nothing works. It seems like the timing was thrown off and it was out of sync. Is there anyway to correct this? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks. [/B]
If nothing is wrong with your motor, motherboard, or ribbon cable

This might work

When you open your tray by taking it apart there are 3 components in the front part of the tray 2 white gears, rubberband, and sliding bar with teeth.
(the screw is on the bottom front part of a the tray in a version 5, remove this front plate and you will see the gears and stuff)

I have found that if I move this sliding bar all the way back and reattach the gears and rubberbands that this fixes a stuck tray
Old Jan 23, 2003, 09:56 AM
Veteran

Sounds like the white pin that normally follows a groove in the underside of the CD tray has jumped out. Take part the PS2 and drive tray and just pop it back in. If you turn your PS2 upside down and press eject you'll see the groove the pin is supposed to ride in.

Mike ( Spagboll ) ...