CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Mac User
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jan 07, 2003, 12:13 PM
Veteran

sponsored links

Try inserting a disk you created on a system that has winxp and see if you can view the whole disk
Old Jan 08, 2003, 04:10 PM

Hi Ps2Daddy,

All of my computers are XP and they report the full size of the dvd, however it says "parameter not correct" whilst trying to copy anything in the latter 2gb of the dvd. Funny enough windows me on my laptop reported the disk being 1.99gb...

I plan to purchse some better dvds, possibly datasafe 2x write ones from ebuyer.com, since the apple ones worked ok.... I will then use the Bulkpaq dvds for dvd movie or long svcds...

In roxio toast, I could not find any reference to dvd options at all? I am using the latest titanium version...

Both my ways of burning using a part windows file system result in this 2gb error? I am not sure if there is any other ways of burning pc dvds on the mac?

Ps2daddy, I really appreciate your help, I would not have considered ever trying to burn a pc dvd on a mac again if it werent for your advice, thank you very much for your help.

I will keep you informed of my findings and as ever I would welcome any tips you have on pc mac dvd burning... How do you do it?

Will keep u up 2 speed,

Clint
Old Jan 08, 2003, 07:24 PM
Veteran

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by clintloop [/i]
[B]Hi Ps2Daddy,

All of my computers are XP and they report the full size of the dvd, however it says "parameter not correct" whilst trying to copy anything in the latter 2gb of the dvd. Funny enough windows me on my laptop reported the disk being 1.99gb...

I plan to purchse some better dvds, possibly datasafe 2x write ones from ebuyer.com, since the apple ones worked ok.... I will then use the Bulkpaq dvds for dvd movie or long svcds...

In roxio toast, I could not find any reference to dvd options at all? I am using the latest titanium version...

Both my ways of burning using a part windows file system result in this 2gb error? I am not sure if there is any other ways of burning pc dvds on the mac?

Ps2daddy, I really appreciate your help, I would not have considered ever trying to burn a pc dvd on a mac again if it werent for your advice, thank you very much for your help.

I will keep you informed of my findings and as ever I would welcome any tips you have on pc mac dvd burning... How do you do it?

Will keep u up 2 speed,

Clint [/B]
In toast look at the forth window on top that has a file cabinet with "others" written on it the right click and choose dvd from the pull down menu that opens and drop your files in the window and burn

Look at www.dvd2dvdr.com for burning dvd movies on your pc and for the mac
start here
***********.cdrom-guide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22119
Old Jan 19, 2003, 05:27 PM

Hi PS2Daddy

Sorry I have been away for the week...

I meant to let you know that I am completely incompetent and I obviously know nothing about Macs....

I had no idea you could right click (or in my case hold down only button) that last option to get dvd-r options...

I have burnt these files using the proper dvd mode, it works a lot better. The Bulkpaq Gen 3 media I purchased still only burn a max of 2GB that is readable by the pc.. This I can only put down to the media because apple media burns the whole 4GB ok...

I plan to get some datasafe disks to see if they will read a complete 4GB on the pc...

It is strange that all 4GB of data on the Bulkpaq media works fine in a Mac but then put it in the PC and it will only read the first 2GB (but it does see the other files on the disk, just cannot copy or read them, well sometimes you can get bits but never a whole file)

Still, I will let you know how Datasafe disks work...

Many thanks for all of your help / time PS2Daddy

Clint
Old Jan 20, 2003, 04:45 PM
Veteran

Might be something about the way if formats data

try and see if you can use -rw's I dont want you to waste valuable dvd-rs on my account if your computer can read dvd-rw that is
Old Jan 24, 2003, 07:13 PM

I think it is just the specific bulkpaq media... I am sure better disks will work, since the apple ones did... Will let you know....

see u

Clint