CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Feb 17, 2003, 04:11 AM
Veteran

Question Help please lol serious I need help moderator or someone else !

sponsored links

My xbox is dusty real dusty barely plays games so can you tell me how or what to use to clean it ?

And can you suggest a guide on how to take my xbox apart carefully to clean the insides ?
Old Feb 17, 2003, 04:54 AM

tutorialz on how to open it at www.xbox-scene.com.

as for cleaning it use a q-tip and some rubbing alcahol, just be carefull to not use alot and have it drip into the xbox!!!!
Old Feb 17, 2003, 05:25 AM

stealth, these methods maybe of some use to you...

1) the damp cloth technique:

take a dry cloth and place it to one side for a moment, then, give your xbox a liberal dousing with water...a pressure hose works wonders!...be mindful of those delicate electronics though!...last part is easy, simply use the dry cloth to dry your xbox thus making the cloth damp, hence...the damp cloth technique!

2) the forced air technique:

unplug all cables from tv, and power supply but leave them connected to the xbox.. (this step is not necessary for the damp cloth technique) ..now, with the xbox at one end of the cables, and your good self at the other end grasping the cables firmly in one hand...swing the xbox around you head as fast as you can!...air will be forced into and around all areas of the box making it nice and clean!, hence...the forced air technique!

now, i would have thought that a U83r H4x0r like yourself would be fully aware of these methods!...and yes!, i am fully aware of the shut the fuk up technique!...hence, i'll get me coat ;-)

__
arthur_p_huxake
Old Feb 17, 2003, 06:58 AM
Veteran

i guess rather than swinging it around your head, you could just buy a can of compressed air and clean it out that way!!