CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2 > PS2 Modchip Help & Installation
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jan 27, 2003, 01:58 PM

sponsored links

Yeah briny, Messiah2 Pro version, firmware V1.08

Has anybody got any information for testing the messiah2 install such as pin voltages or waveforms?
Old Feb 09, 2003, 03:41 AM

I've re-tested it 4 times this week and tried yet another M2 and still no luck. everything checks out perfectly but it still doesnt work. I guess I must have a faulty batch of M2s or something. Anyone else experienced this?
Old Feb 09, 2003, 03:56 AM
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

actually i did the other week.. got a ps2 and chipped it, wouldnt boot any copies. thought right take it out clean it up and try again... no luck.

very annoying when this happens, ill try another chip in it today

Nick
Old Feb 10, 2003, 02:16 PM
Veteran

I have seen the same with some 1.08s. It acts like the chip isn't even there. Take it out, put a different chip in and it works fine. These are chips that were directly after each other in the assembly line. They are also PCB corrected. I think there just may have been problems with the assembly line when these were coming out. The 1.21s and up seem fine now. In every case that I've had, the system will load PSX backups, but no PS2 backups. A new chip (with the exact same wiring) has always solved the problem. By the way, per the earlier conversations, if the serial number starts with FU it's a US V6. The V5 all start with U.
Old Feb 17, 2003, 02:18 PM

I tried a fourth and fifth M2 with no luck... I re-checked and re-checked and found no problems... I used twisted pairs and then tried shielded cable for the clock and V+ and still nothing.

Then I heard about the alternative clock point and moved my clock wire to there and bingo!! It works now, perfectly.

Pity I didn't know about the alt clk sooner.... Anyway I am happy now that it works

Thanks everyone who helped