CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Feb 19, 2003, 01:53 PM

Default $hitty sound when playing mame X

sponsored links

I have a copy of Mame X and whenever I play one of the Mortal Kombats on it the sound is terrible(1,2, or 3). Ive tried turning the bass all the down and the treble all the way up on my receiver but the sound is still distorted. Ive switched it between ****og and digital too, but I still get the same result. Any ideas anyone?
Old Feb 20, 2003, 03:34 AM
Veteran

It has nothing to do with your sound system. Its just the way mame plays them. In Mortal Kombat I, the sound has a very bad quality .... like a bad 8bit ****. Im not sure if the original arcade has same low quality sound but its just the way it is. I tried it on PC & the sound was same shitty quality tehre as well. When it comes to mortal kombat 2 & 3. They have a better quality sound then one but very low so u have to turn the volume up. The thing with mk2 & mk3 is that when ur playing the game on xbox, the graphics slow down & the sound messes up. Thats cuz of the CPU usage. Conclusion: u cant do anything about it Lets hope the next mame release gives a better emulation