CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Operating System Forums > Windows 2000
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Feb 26, 2003, 11:57 AM
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

Default automatically shut down computer [compaq; ; win2KPro]

just installed win 2000 professional and install SP1. one minor problem is that wen i shut down, it does not automatically shut down like it use to before. it goes into safe mode and displays a menu saying:
"It is now safe to turn off your computer". I perfer my OS to shut it down straight away instead of me turning off the computer manually.

any suggestions?
Old Feb 26, 2003, 12:20 PM
suspended

On the Control Panel, Power Options, APM tab, select Advanced Power Management support and enable Advanced Power Management. You might need to go into the bios to enable it there also.
Old Feb 26, 2003, 01:07 PM
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

the above does not work for me. it has been enabled in the bios and i followed the above set by ElaineM but it does not work. it just restarts the computer but does not shut it down.

any other suggestions?