CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics > Computer Networking & Security
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Mar 13, 2003, 08:02 PM

Default "Internet Gateway" on WinXP Network Connections

sponsored links

Im trying to follow these directions:
***********.dslreports.com/forum/remark,5958833~root=msnetwork~mode=flat
In order to open some ports on my MSN Broadband DSL's NAT (unfortunately, Microsoft sucks enough to actually not allow NAT disabling...). But I dont seem to see a Internet Gateway icon in the Control Panel>Network Connections on this WindowsXP system. I do see the connection in the LAN or Highspeed Internet for my MSN Broadband, but not the Gateway. I need this in order to finish up the steps, as just doing what it says on my MSN connection does not work. How would I go about setting up my system to have a Internet Gateway? When I tr to configure my network and select this computer as a Internet Gateway, it says this computer cant do that?