CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox > Xbox Modchip Help & Installation
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Apr 14, 2003, 08:37 PM

Default Help with Matrix on a V1.1

sponsored links

I'm trying to install a matrix modchip on a v1.1...having a hard time aligning this chip...the few times I have received a red and green flashing light in mode 1....screwed it down...put it on mode 2...the light is green but it wont read any of my backups.

Now, the woerd thing about this v1.1 is that the LPC holes are already soldered....I know your thinking "its a v1.0"....but I assure you it isnt. First off the manufactured date is october 12, 2002, and I also went to System info and say the copyright message with D.xxx.xxx001 or whtever the two numbers are, plus theres is no fan on the cpu. So, no doubt this is a v1.1.

I flashed the matrix with evox d6 (eject fix) and tried alighing it....no dice....flashed it with evox 36 (eject fix)....still no dice.....then I flashed it with evox 2.5 and installed it to my v1.0 to see if the modchip was faulty....but it isnt...it worked fine....so i again flashed it to d6...cleaned the contacts with rubbing alcohol....and proceeded to align. A few more times I received a green light it the beginning of a series of red blinks and then only to find out that when switching to mode 2...it doesnt boot any backups....

What do i do? is there some special way to align this stupid thing? There isnt anything more i need to solder cause the LPC holes are filled right?...what else should I do? Can you guys gimme some suggestions on how to get this modchip working? I tried everything and been reading every tutorial there is around...PLEASE HELP!!!
Old Apr 15, 2003, 11:49 AM
Veteran

How bright is the LED?

When I installed mine sometimes it was flashing as it should, but dimly and sometimes brightly. You need it to flash bright to ensure it's aligned.

I also made sure every connection near the D0 spot was covered with tape before aligning it. This makes sure that the only connection it can make is with the D0.

After that I put a rolled up wad of insulating tape behind the matrix board and up against the side of the xbox which is applying some pressure to stop it moving away. (Not an exact science I know but it seems to do the job)

Had the thing installed for ages now and it has never moved.
Old Apr 15, 2003, 10:31 PM

Most places that I move it around flash a bright red. I tried covering every connection aound the d0...no dice...thanks for the suggestion....anyone else have any ideas?
Old Apr 16, 2003, 10:51 AM
Veteran

Try flashing with the X-ecuter 2 bios, 4974 I think is the latest.
Old Apr 16, 2003, 06:59 PM

I got it to work....I filled in the d0 hole with solder and because this v1.1 for some odd reason had LPC holes already soldered....i just desoldered the LPC holes a little bit (like making little dents in them).

Then I put the matrix in mode 1 and made sure thats the 3 holes around the pogo pins lined up (I didnt get a green light at all just blinking red). Then stuck in mode 2 and it loaded one of my backups. Thanks for all the hel guys!