CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old May 16, 2003, 06:21 AM

Default How can I uninstall a password protected Norton Antivirus??

sponsored links

Like the subject states. I am working on a computer that my neighbor picked up from work recently. Their company went out of business so they sold all there old computers (pent 2) real cheap. The problem I'm having is that I want to install a new copy of Norton antivirus. The previous owner had norton corporate edition installed. I went to uninstall it from the add remove programs and it stops and asks for a password. It will not continue without the password. I tried installing the new copy over it, and it tells me I have to uninstall the previous version
Any help would be much appreciated.
How can I get past the password prompt? Is there perhaps a program to figure out what the password is.
P.S. -- the previous owner is not available, thats the first thing I tried
Old May 16, 2003, 06:44 AM
Veteran

I am fortunate to be running NAV here in work, try using the password 'symantec' otherwise you will need two passwords to uninstall the client. You need the SSC Server group password and then you need the client password, which are always different to each other (Unless the administrator has made them both the same)........try the pasword that I have given above as I know it is the default one on installation. if thats not successful let me know and I will have a play around on our NAV box and a workstation here (in my lunch hour) to try and find a way around it
HTH

NB: password is case sensitive

Last edited by gooner; May 16, 2003 at 06:47 AM.
Old May 16, 2003, 03:33 PM
Veteran

I am not sure whether this will work or not because of password protection but have a look here at Symantec's [url=********service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nav.nsf/docid/2001092114452606]RNAV2003.
Old May 16, 2003, 05:10 PM

SYMANTEC was the password Thank you very much!!!
Old May 17, 2003, 02:18 PM
Veteran

gooner strikes again.....
Old May 20, 2003, 06:01 AM
Veteran

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by gamehunter [/i]
[B]SYMANTEC was the password Thank you very much!!! [/B]
No worries