CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox > Xbox Modchip Help & Installation
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jun 06, 2003, 11:54 PM
Veteran

Default More help with Matrix chip...

sponsored links

Hey, it seems like I have the chip alligned and everything(it flashes green), so when I go to try it, it doesn't work! It acts as if it weren't even installed(yes, after testing the fitting, I switched the dipswitch to get it working). Could anyone help me with this? The thing that suprises me is that the light even flashes green....could the bios have not been programmed right or something?
Old Jun 09, 2003, 05:35 AM

You haven't said which version of the XBOX you have.

If you have the Ver 1.1 then you MUST fill the holes in the LPC connector with solder. This allows the Pogo pins of the Matrix to make a connection.

There is always the issue of the G Spot with the matrix. It is a PAIN.

The chip will look like it is aligned but does not actully work.
You may have to remove the single pin (Gspot) solder a wire to the point
that this should connect to, install the chip then solder the other end of the wire to the point you removed the pin.