CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics > Computer Networking & Security
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jun 19, 2003, 03:41 PM

sponsored links

I have been using NAV for 3 yrs since I bought my PC. I have not purchased any of the updated versions during that time but have regularly updated my system for the latest updates. This time when Norton said I needed to pay for the next level etc. as the year was up, I decided to try AVG. It works fine but last night I went on to a MP3 site and the screen flashed up in blue mentioning a Trojan. I ran a complete test and sure enough "Download" trojan was spotted and healed. (It was in the internet cache which I clear out everytime I use the net) This is all very well but why has this never happened with NAV. There was no virus on my system when AVG checked it at first and yet suddenly I get one. It could well be a flook but does make me wonder if Norton was better in some way at fending off problems.

Any thoughts?

Dave
Old Jun 21, 2003, 12:06 PM
Veteran

hmmm not real i been on loads of site and nortons never picked anything up
but when i loaded up avg went on a crack site or mp3 site
it kicked in saying a trojan was downloaded into the internet file
so i dont use nortons anymore as its crap and takes up to much memory and space

backup2k1