CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics > Computer Networking & Security
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Aug 07, 2003, 01:07 PM
Veteran

Default Unblocking ports...how to?

sponsored links

Hey,

ok i've got broadband, and i've got it shared between 3 computers. Just yesterday my computer stops connecting. The other 2 computers still connect to the net and everything just fine.

Rogers can't help me with anything, they say all their stuff is working. The router is working since the other 2 are connecting.

The only thing I can think of is that I have some port blocked. I haven't installed anything recently, and I haven't got any firewalls installed either. My computer did freeze up and I had to turn it off not through windows though if that helps.

I ran ipconfig on the computers, the 2 that are working have:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix.: WorkGroup
Default Gateway......................: "ip type number here"

the one that does not work has nothing for these values...

please let me know if anyone can help me out. I seached the forums but couldn't find anything that explains how to unblock ports.

thanks
Old Aug 09, 2003, 04:28 AM
Veteran

Hi aciras,

I would say this has nothing to do with ports being blocked. It appears as if the PC is picking up no information from the router via DHCP or has lost any static informartion you assigned.

What OS is the PC running by the way? It may be a reinstall of TCP/IP would solve the problem.

Otherwise what setup do you have witht he router - using DHCP or do you have everything statically assigned.

HTH, T.