CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Legacy Game Backup
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Aug 10, 2003, 08:57 PM

sponsored links

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by zedy [/i]
[B]I just love all these newbies.
First off they get PSX and PS2 confused, after all final fantasy origins is a PSX game.
Second I suggest any of you half baked Einsteins make a proper .bin/.cue file of this game, convert it to .iso with bintoiso - a program a lot of PSX people use, and then try and explain why the burn from .iso didn't work but the one from .bin/.cue does. [/B]
PSX is infact Sony's new Media PS2 with built in hard-drive and network capabilities etc, just search for it on IGN. I already explained why the ISO didn't work either, it's all to do with Mode2, CD-XA.
Old Aug 11, 2003, 01:48 AM

hey fellas, leave off zedy, it turns out he's completely right!...ffo is a psx game.

zedy, tell me some about isos and why they're not cd images, please. it's fascinating!

__
arthur_p_huxake
Old Aug 11, 2003, 05:32 AM
Veteran

I never said it wasn't.
Old Aug 11, 2003, 08:44 AM

I have some info here for those capable of the least amount of comprehension.
Here is some info, taken straight from the help files, of several different burning software applications.
3 are for the mundane action of just burning cds, although they are also capable of handling DVD, 2 are the more spe******ed DVD authoring and burning applications.

MagicISO
***********.MagicISO.com

Select some files or directories, and then create the ISO based on these files.

Droptocd
***********.sateira.com

Create an ISO image
1. Start DropToCD (DataCD)
2. Add files and folders to layout:
a. Drag&Drop files and folders to the basket or viewfiles window from Windows Explorer (or your favorite file manager)
b. Click 'Add files/folders' button in viewfiles window, select files and folders (multiselect allowed by ctrl+click) and press Add to CD layout
3. Click right mouse button, select Disc volume label and choose first item to change default ISO label or Date and time as label
4. Click right mouse button and select Info and options or press ctrl+i to open 'info and options' window
5. Choose type of ISO: Joliet or ISO9660 and press apply button (you can skip this step if you already set default type of ISO)
6. Click right mouse button and select Build ISO image
7. Enter filename in dialog and click 'Save'.

CDRWin
***********.goldenhawk.com

File Backup and Tools
This dialog is used to…
· Backup directories/files from your harddrive to an ISO9660 disc.
· Make a bootable CDROM disc (El Torito specification).
· Record an ISO9660 image file.
· Finalize a session/disc.
· Erase a disc (rewritable drives/discs only).

Note: This dialog is not used to make backups of existing CDROM discs. Please refer to the Backup Disc dialog.

For the DVD maestros -
Ulead DVD MovieFactory - creates .iso files on disk from movie projects.

Gear Pro 6.3 - creates .iso files on disk from movie projects.

Now it shouldn't be all that hard for anyone, even those with only a half working brain cell, to be able to see that although all these applications create .iso files that NOT one of these .iso files was in any way created from anything that remotely looks like a cd.
Old Aug 11, 2003, 12:31 PM

PSX was originally the codename for PS1, like Dolphin was for Gamecube, but noone calls it Dolphin as it is misleading. Similarly, the PSX is a souped up Playstation 2; check this link out: ***********.tinnud.co.uk/sony_psx.asp

< -- edit -- > forget that image thing, geocities give little space, anyway I want a PSX, maybe you could play images of the harddrive like xbox

Last edited by Anarchy; Aug 11, 2003 at 02:32 PM.
Old Aug 11, 2003, 07:04 PM

PSX was the colloquial name given to the ORIGINAL Playstation.
[All games for that console were referred to as PSX games.]
This was followed by the Playstation 2 and the PSOne.