CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Aug 28, 2003, 07:49 PM

Default Possible to copy ISO games from PC directly to XBOX via FTP?

sponsored links

Hi People,

I have an ISO for World Snooker Championship 2003 which is 850MB, but sadly I do not have a DVD burner so I cannot get a file this size onto a CDRW. Is it possible to copy it directly to the Xbox via FTP?

I have tried connecting to the xbox, browsing to my F drive and making a new game folder within HDD loader for the game and just copied the ISO directly into the new folder, but this achived nothing.

Any pointers would be appreciated!

Thanks!
Old Aug 28, 2003, 08:08 PM

I dont know if you can ftp a game onto your hard drive without having the original game...I would guess that you could extract the iso then ftp all of those files onto the hard drive. You will probably need to install a bigger hard drive if you plan on doing this more than once. Tutorials for this are at xbox-scene.com and are very easy. Good luck!

Try extracting the iso then ftp all of the files onto your xbox hard drive
Old Aug 28, 2003, 09:58 PM
Veteran

there isint a "iso player" for xbox that i am aware of... this would require some sort of virtual drive. there may be a virtual drive by now though (havent looked in a while), i hear some devlopment team had the kernel source .
Old Aug 29, 2003, 08:48 AM

Thanks for your help... its now all working. I downloaded ISOCraxtion, extracted the ISO using this and then just FTP`d it over to my games directory within HDD loader. It works a treat!
Old Aug 29, 2003, 09:57 AM
Veteran

get xfer201 from the xbox scene website- that will unpack the iso and ftp it over in one go no need for flash fxp and i find it its transfer speeds are slightly higher than woth flash fxp as well
Old Aug 29, 2003, 04:02 PM
Veteran

Yup Craxton will do the job nicely.