CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Mac User
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Sep 26, 2003, 11:46 PM

Default I need DVD backing-up guidance...

sponsored links

Hi
I've read the threads and pieced together some info, but I could use more hands-on help...
What I've done so far is downloaded DVDBackup 1.3 and DVD2oneX and ripped a DVD into a VIDEO_TS folder, but I don't know how to put it onto a CD such that it plays on a DVD player. I also have toast 6 (all of these are full programs and available to anyone who wants them by the way) but when I tried to do a straight copy, the file was too big for the DVD-r. My system is a G4 powerbook with a superdrive and it's my first MAC experience so I'm still learning...

Thanks for the help,

Abe
Old Sep 27, 2003, 10:42 AM
Veteran

To make a dvd-r you use
one you use dvdbackup and get it to your harddrive
you use dvd2onex to shrink the dvd down to 4.3gb and then you burn the video_ts foler in toast

***********.cdrom-guide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=253696

To make a cd-r for need 42MP fond on that page
***********.kaisakura.com/

Last edited by ps2daddy; Sep 27, 2003 at 10:45 AM.
Old Sep 28, 2003, 05:51 AM

You are on the right track.
Create 2 empty folders, one named Uncompressed the other named compressed in your home folder.
DVDBackup, drag the DVD to the window and press process. Choosed uncompressed as a destination folder. If you get an error about 'title track' just press continue.
When you rip the DVD with DVDBackup you need to process it down to 4.4gb or less.
Start up dvd2onex choose your VIDEO_TS folder in the uncompressed folder, set movie only and constant ratio. Select the file with the longest time. (There may be 2 of the same time, one may be a directors commentry, you will know this by looking at the audio drawer, pick which one you want.) Select Audio and subtitles, and the select which audio and which subtitles you want from the drawer, I usually choose AC3 6ch English and no subtitle. Press start. Select create VIDEO_TS folder checkbox and choose the compressed folder to the store file.
Toast 6 changed things slightly. You need to choose data from the options then DVD-ROM (UDF) from the options on the drawer. Choose new disc then name your disc by selecting my disc (name must be in capitals with underscores instead of spaces ie MY_DISC). Choose add and point to your VIDEO_TS FOLDER (compressed folder). Then select your disc again and choose new folder. Name this folder AUDIO_TS
Important: the AUDIO_TS folder must not be inside the VIDEO_TS folder.
You should now have a disc. If you open your disc by pressing the triangle you should see a VIDEO_TS folder and an AUDIO_TS folder.
Your disc should be 4.4gb or less, if greater or far less you have done something wrong.
I burn at 1x speed even on discs that allow faster speed.

Good luck!