CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > DVD
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Oct 01, 2003, 07:30 PM
Veteran

Default Anyone Backed up Simpsons series 2 (reg 2)

sponsored links

Bit of wierd one, basically just ripped the the first couple of discs using dvd decrypter, and got two vob series that start vts_02_0.vob and vts_03_0.vob, that are actually 0 bytes. thought maybe dvddecrypter just missed em, but i checked the actual dvd and those files really are 0 bytes.

Instant copy will not let me preview those series and a mate of mine said when he tried to load his ripped version (using dvdshrink) in his ps2, it crashed after the menus. It did play on his stand alone player and pc drive though

The error i get in IC8 when trying to preview either stream is: "Corrupted DVD source File"

any help would be appreciated!
Old Oct 02, 2003, 06:39 AM

what vershan of dvd decrypter you using try getting an update that might work 4 it if not then i dont know

Zombie
Old Oct 02, 2003, 07:01 AM
Veteran

its not a copy protection problem- the first vob in both series has a size of zero bytes which IC8 doesn't like.

and its like that on the retail disc as well.

I ripped a full (uncompressed) version through dvdshrink and dvshrink removed that file (well it combined it with the next vob in the series in both instances)

I'm now passing that through IC8 so will report back on the results when its done

p.s. I have the latest version of dvd decrypter although doesn't seem like there's been any updates for while.
Old Oct 02, 2003, 06:01 PM
Veteran

Not going to help you much mate but I have backed up Season 2 of the simpsons using smartripper and dvd2one a few months back so they can be done.