CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - Xbox
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Oct 10, 2003, 12:45 PM
Veteran

Default How to transfer long file name files?

sponsored links

I have a xbox segaGen Emu with ROMS on one DVDr. I want to extract all roms to my PC. I used FTP to transfer from my XBOX to my PC but it won't copy the one with long files name. (actually, it copied but with 0 bytes). Also I used many XBOX utilites and tried to copy from XBOX CD to XBOX HD still not working. I also used XISO to extract the folders but nothing came out. Does anyone know what else I can do? thks
Old Oct 10, 2003, 01:27 PM

When you go to FTP the files, try right clicking on the file you want to transfer and select: transfer as.

Then rename the file to something similar but shorter.

Hope this is of help.
Old Oct 10, 2003, 03:29 PM
Veteran

ok you'll need this program xiso (v1.1.5) it can read xbox backups from your pc dvdrom/dvd-r

find it on the iso tools page at xbox-scene.

select the drive u have put the disc in and click on "read xdvd" (button looks like a magnifying glass over a disc)

select folder and then click on save dile (i think its meant to be save file )

it doesn't save the folder you select but transfers everything in that folder to the destination folder, so with something like genesis roms you may want to create a new folder somewhere on your hd before extracting them from the disc)
Old Oct 10, 2003, 05:50 PM
Veteran

I tried the XISO but it didn't read anything inside the Rom folders. I will try the FTP rename and see if it works. thks.