CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics > Computer Networking & Security
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Oct 11, 2003, 02:39 AM
Veteran

Default im going CRAZY with this problem!!!

sponsored links

i cant seem to figure it out. I keep getting this message on my computers: "Files that are required for Windows to run properly have been replaced by unrecognized versions. To maintain system stability, Windows must restore the original versions of these files. Insert your Windows 2000 Professional CD now."

I was informed by my antivirus program that i was infected, so I formatted both of my computers because they contained the w32.valla.2048 virus. It's funny because when i had AOL DSL, everything was fine. Then i got verizon dsl, both my computers seem to be infected by the w32.Valla.2048 virus. Is it because i didnt install the verizon dsl with the disk, because the internet just works without the installation disk. Im just assuming that it has something to do with verizon dsl because the router worked fine when i had aol dsl. Can someone please help me out? I cant seem to find out the solution to this problem.
Old Oct 11, 2003, 07:34 AM
Veteran

Hi xxxicethixxx,

It seems you are already in the middle of the same discussion in the Open forum, please don't double post.

Cheers, T.