CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Open to All Computer Related Topics > Computer Networking & Security
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Jan 09, 2002, 05:57 PM
Veteran

Default possible trojan? please read

sponsored links

when accessing web pages from my favourites folder all the text on the web pages is massive this has only been happening tonight . i haven't altered any settings recently. the last time this happened a couple of months ago norton found a trojan which i deleted, but i've just run norton a v 2002 and it's found nothing.
has any 1 got any ideas?
please help if u can
thanx
Old Jan 09, 2002, 07:03 PM

lol doubt its a virus sounds like someone tinkered with ur text size settings, if ur on any version of IE click view button up top then go to text size and make it medium or whatever suites u, and for netscape and other browsers its probably similar fool around with it if u dont have IE
Old Jan 09, 2002, 08:43 PM

Default Re: possible trojan? please read

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by keenlearner [/i]
[B]when accessing web pages from my favourites folder all the text on the web pages is massive this has only been happening tonight . i haven't altered any settings recently. the last time this happened a couple of months ago norton found a trojan which i deleted, but i've just run norton a v 2002 and it's found nothing.
has any 1 got any ideas?
please help if u can
thanx
[/B]
Old Jan 10, 2002, 02:34 AM
Veteran

is it at all possible that you accidently used the wheel on mouse while holding the cntrl key? sounds kind of obvious, but stranger things have happened... This will crank the text size (in case you don't know)
Old Jan 14, 2002, 11:07 PM
Veteran

Its unlikeley to be a trojan but its worth noting that virus scanners dont detect all trojans to be 100% use a trojan scanner like the cleaner.