CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Legacy Game Backup > Dreamcast
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Oct 11, 2003, 08:05 AM

Default Utopia boot disk and bootable games

sponsored links

I used overnet to download a "bootable" version of marvel vs capcom 2 and used discjuggler 2 to burn it but my dreamcast thinks it is an audio cd. So I thought that maybe I could boot it with utopia's boot disk but the nero image that I had and burnt just brings me to the screen in DC where you choose game, music, memory, etc.
When I press the play game icon the DC it just restarts??
I have been trying to get info from the forums but can't find this problem and would appreciate any help(too many coasters!!).
Is there a special way to burn the boot disk?
Say with a dummy file that brings it further to the end of the cd?
Are there dreamcasts that will not play bootable games or boot disk?
Am I going to lose my mind because of this????
Cheers!!
Old Oct 11, 2003, 09:10 AM

Ok, managed to get te clonecd image of utopia to work WOOHOO! but the game that I burnt with discjuggler still didn't work when I inserted at the request!
Think maybe it was a bad burn. I obtained a copy of discjuggler 3 but I load it up and try to load the dc image it just closes the program down??
As well as this it doesn't recognise the .CDI file type unless I select "all files" first and then open it. By default it seems to be .cdj files??
Old Oct 11, 2003, 10:54 AM

No need for help, got the problem sorted!
If anyone has the same problem with discjuggler use the cdi to nero conversion tool from DC faq, now I can be wolverine
Old Oct 12, 2003, 12:53 AM

Glad we could help. lol
Old Oct 13, 2003, 07:57 PM

I'm glad that you got the help that you needed but how did you fix it, did you need another copy or did you just have to convert it to nero??? if you should have another problem like this then you should try using alcohol 120% to burn games, it reads mostly any image file you can think of, hope i can help you from problems in the future....