CDROM-Guide forums

Go Back   CDROM-Guide forums > Main Forums > Video Game Backup - PS2 > PS2 Modchip Help & Installation
FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read
Open   CSec   Data   DevDrv   CoOp   Audio   CDRW   CDG   VCD   DVD   HD DVD   Mac   VGB   PS2   DC   Xbox  

Old Oct 19, 2003, 03:13 PM
Veteran

sponsored links

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by kayliebug [/i]
[B]I tried my gameshark 2 other disk for PSone and I can load any psone backups. Could it be my Gameshark 2 disk going bad. Has anyone had this problem? [/B]
AHHHHhhhh! As Darkmaster2 was right about the gameshark not working with a version 7

Look to see if your model number on the back of the PS2 is SCPH 39001 if so its a version 7

If its a SCPH 39001 the gameshark 2 will not work to play backups on a version 7 you will need a swap magic dvd disk to play dvd-r's look back at my first comment.

[url=***********.lvmods.com/version.html]Click here to tell version

Last edited by ps2daddy; Oct 19, 2003 at 03:26 PM.
Old Oct 19, 2003, 05:59 PM

my backups work for psone cdr games with the other gameshark disk.
will version 7's do that?
Old Oct 19, 2003, 08:49 PM
Veteran

Quote:
[B]my backups work for psone cdr games with the other gameshark disk.
will version 7's do that? [/B]
You need to keep your gameshark disk for that
or
get a neo key installed
or
you can get a messiah 2 or DMS3 installed
Old Oct 19, 2003, 09:21 PM

what I was saying is that my gameshark psone disk does work to play psone backups on the PS2. Should they on the version 7? If not then I think I have a version 5/6. When did the version 7 come out. I can't check the serial number because It is a different case. What can I check on the inside?
Old Oct 20, 2003, 12:51 AM
Veteran

Quote:
[B]what I was saying is that my gameshark psone disk does work to play psone backups on the PS2. Should they on the version 7? If not then I think I have a version 5/6. When did the version 7 come out. I can't check the serial number because It is a different case. What can I check on the inside? [/B]
Yup the gameshark second cd should probably work in a version 7 the version 7 does a double protection check and that is why the dvd-r games wont work sing a gameshark.
They werent worried about doing this for psone games since they figured most people woth ps2s wouldnt be playing many psone backups on it

Look at the messiah 2, Magic 3.1, or DMS3 install diagrams for version 5 and 7 then you can see the differences.

www.dms3.com
www.messiah2.com
www.china-magic.com

Swap magic disks will work but there are some exceptions you can look at the swap magic thread the new swap magic is supposed to boot everything and eliminate these problems though

Version 7s have been out for about a year now and no other ones should have been around on the shelves for at least 6 months dvd-rs do work on a version 5 with gameshark so its probably a 7

Did you swap out the inside to get a new one at wal-mart?
(you dont have to answer that if you dont want to)

Last edited by ps2daddy; Oct 20, 2003 at 01:07 AM.